So you’ve conducted a vulnerability assessment and now have a bunch of vulnerabilities to contend with. Maybe you’ve performed more than a cursory review to weed out false positives. Perhaps you’ve even rolled out a few patches to close some critical and high-rated vulnerabilities.
But now what?
Vulnerabilities are critical to the risk management process. They reveal the effectiveness of your security measures, identify security deficiencies and confirm the efficacy of remedial measures after implementation. So your vulnerability management needs to be in check in order to shine at risk management. Regular vulnerability assessments must be institutionalized. Staffers need to be trained. And remedial measures, such as poorly performing technologies and tools, may need to be revised.
38North can show you how to stay on top of your perpetual list of vulnerabilities by helping you:
- Maximize the use of automation for vulnerability assessment.
- Expertly tune your existing vulnerability assessment and management tools so they operate at peak efficiency.
- Develop patch management plans designed to stamp out pesky vulnerabilities as quickly as possible.
- Define simplified policy and procedures for handling all categories of vulnerabilities, including false positives.
- Develop mitigation strategies to minimize the impact of zero-day vulnerabilities.
- Advise you on vulnerability trends relevant to your business and/or industry.
- Train your staff on how to incorporate vulnerability management practices into their duties.